Monday, June 2, 2014

Know how to spot the truth? Meditation for 6/3/14


 “Be something you love - and understand.  Be a simple kind of man.”    -  Lynyrd Skynyrd

“All truths are simple in final analysis, and easily understood.  If they are not, they are not truths.”  - Napoleon Hill

     Simple means easily understood, not involved or complicated, and the truth is always simple.  When I am complicating things I am usually looking for a shortcut.  I am attempting to manufacture an excuse to be dishonest with myself and others.  If I continue down this road, I am soon two miles wide and a half inch deep trying to convince myself I have broad horizons.  I end up with continuous aggravation trying to juggle all of the resulting nonsense.  I may talk of “simplifying my life” during the resultant moments of chaos, but have no clue of where to begin because I have hidden the true problem from myself.

     Being simple is far from being unsophisticated – rather it is quite the opposite.  It requires determining the values (honesty, unselfishness, purity, love) to which we aspire and then working toward them whether it seems burdensome or not.   If our efforts toward simplifying our lives are to be lasting the spiritual must come first – otherwise we just use the notion of “simplification” as another temporary distraction to avoid dealing with ourselves.  We rid ourselves of this trinket and that in an attempt to have fewer balls to juggle, but when we discover that simple does not mean easy we abandon the notion and look for new trinkets.  However, by living these simple spiritual truths and reinforcing them with practice, we develop consistency and reliability.  The need for material objects falls away because or sense of self worth no longer requires displays.  Our life simplifies.  And as our path narrows,  we find the depth of character we always sought.

Today, may I remember that the truth is never complicated.  

Happy Tuesday !!
David

If you would like to contribute to this journey or to the foundation, just click Here.  If you have no idea what this is about, Click Here and Here, and click Here to email me.  Thanks for your interest and support !!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback