Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Meditation for 12/25/2103


Sunset 12/24/2013, Sunrise 12/25/2013 on Daufuskie Island; SC

Merry Christmas All!!
From Daufuskie Island; SC

     I set about this morning to get a photograph of sunrise to share with the meditation.  When I left at 5 am to trek across dirt roads to the other side of the island, I intended to be back and have the meditation posted by 8 am.  Well, the golf cart I was using had other ideas as it went dead about four miles away.  However, I was able to plug in to an outlet at a cabin along the way and get enough charge to return.  Meanwhile, I was able to shoot a few more photographs.  The above photographs are from Daufuskie Island, the first was the sunset last night from Bloody Point on the west end of the island, and the sunrise is from the east end. 

     I appreciate all of you that have made the transition to the blog.  For those of you unsure of what I am doing, I am setting about on a three year journey around the perimeter of the United States.  It is a journey of faith that I have been nudged toward for the last year and a half.  I began a shake-down trip on November 18th, and have been living on the road since.  Many of those “God moments” have occurred already, and I know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing.  If you want to follow the daily occurrences of the journey itself, and enjoy 4 or 5 photos from each day rather than the single one that I post here, please click over to the journal at www.CaptureAmericaJournal.blogspot.com  .

     I am posting articles on the weekends – this weekend’s articles will be running in the Mount Pleasant SC newspaper, which is my home base.  The articles will explain in detail what it is that I am doing, but to summarize I am looking to raise funds to push a medical breakthrough through clinical trials that will be a cure for epilepsy as well as provide relief for many other mental conditions, including ADD, ADHD, Bi-Polar, stroke and traumatic brain injury. 

          For today, just know that on this Christmas Day I am very grateful to those of you who have so loyally followed the meditations for the last five years.  I am confident that by placing myself in the vulnerable position of living on the road both the insights I gain and the photographs I take will be of an even better quality than you have come to expect so far.  But I cannot do this alone – I need your help.  You will notice a donate link on this page – here is what I would like to propose to those of you who can contribute to this effort.

     When you click on the donate link, and option to make your donation “recurring” will appear.  Here is what I will do for those of you who are able and willing to contribute to this effort.

$ 10 per month for the first year:

      1)        You will receive a canvas print of your favorite photograph from all the shots I take.  The print will be your choice of 8 by 10 inches, 11 by 14 inches, or 12 by 18 inches.  Print is archive quality in acrylic ink, sealed and hand-signed.
      2)        You will receive your favorite meditation of the year, along with the corresponding photograph printed on archive quality rice paper and hand signed by me.

$ 20 per month for the first year:

      1)        You will receive a hand signed copy of the meditation book that is the best of the first five years of the meditations I have written.  The book contains 366 daily meditations and will be printed and distributed 12/2014

      2)        You will receive your favorite photograph from the journey on canvas in your choice of 8 x 10 inches, 11 x 14 inches or 12 x 18 inches.  Print is archive quality in acrylic ink, sealed and hand signed.


$ 50 per month for the first year:

1)        You will receive a framed 24 inch by 36 inch copy of your favorite photograph from the first year of the journey.  Print is archive quality printed on canvas with acrylic ink and sealed, frame is a black gloss.

2)         You will receive a hand-signed and numbered first edition meditation book, compiled from the best of the first five year’s meditations, due to be published in December of 2014.

$ 100 per month for the first year:

1     1)     You will receive a 48 inch by 72 inch framed mural of your favorite photograph from the first year of the journey.  Print is archive quality, printed on canvas with acrylic ink, hand signed and sealed with your choice of a gloss black, driftwood or antiqued gold frame.  Personal delivery and hung for those within 20 miles of Charleston SC; for those outside that area the framed mural will be shipped to your door.

      2)     You will receive a hand signed and numbered first edition print of the daily meditation book that is compiled from the best of the last five year’s meditations and due to be published December of 2014.

     The bulk of the money will be going to start the foundation, which is named the “More for Less Foundation” and to help the research clinic in Charleston get off the ground.  Details on this will be in the articles that are coming this weekend.  Donations will become tax-deductible this next year when the foundation is completed.  I am relying on contributions to defray expenses along the way as well – but my expenses are very low as I am camping or staying with folks as I go.

     I will be posting articles rather than meditations on Saturdays and Sundays.  On Saturdays, the articles will be about “People Making a Difference” – written about folks that I meet along the way that are walking their own spiritual path.  These articles are also being printed in the Moultrie News in Mount Pleasant SC.  The Sunday articles will be a bit of a mixed bag – interesting people, places and things as the spirit may move me to write.  And of course the other five days a week you will be receiving the meditations as I write them.

     I look forward to having you along on the trip with me – and thank you for your support thus far.  I have some ideas I would like to implement along the way – if I can get a decent HD video camera that will also record decent audio, I will start posting 4 or 5 minute videos of sunrises, sunsets and interesting places I encounter along the way. 

     Anyway, this is not the usual meditation, but thank you for bearing with me.  You all are very dear to me, and I will do my best to deliver to you the true essence of the things I encounter along the way.

My warmest regards and wishes for a Merry Christmas.
David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback