Sunday, May 11, 2014

Want a solution? Meditation for 5/12/14


(For today's photo-journal click Here.)

 “It isn’t that they can’t see the solution, it’s that they can’t see the problem.”   -  Gilbert Chesterton

“We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking that we used when we created them.”  - Albert Einstein

       For a doctor to attempt surgery on their own brain tumor would be foolish.  But when it comes to emotional and mental struggles I want to use the same brain that is struggling with an issue to solve the issue.  I may convince myself that I am unique; I am facing an issue that no one else could fully understand.  Regardless of what form of self-justification I use the result is that I find myself running around addressing symptoms of the underlying issue rather than the issue itself – I have no chance of addressing something I do not know exists.  Only when the discomforts of not dealing with the issue exceed the discomfort of asking for help do I speak up. The underlying is fear that other human beings will reject me for being human.  So I act like a frightened boy who looks at the sky and whistles while walking through the graveyard at night – “If I ignore it then it does not exist.”  Pretty silly huh?

    There is a solution.  We can simply lower the amount of discomfort we feel approaching and getting honest with another who can help.  Then the pain of an issue does not have to become intolerable before we address it.  Accepting that we are human and none of us can sufficiently detach from ourselves to have a clear view is a good step in the right direction.  But nothing helps like just reaching out a few times and realizing that the fears were bogus to start with.  If we do the work to develop a network of people that we share a mutual trust with we have built something of great value. It will help us stop chasing diversions and become observant and truthful about 
ourselves, warts and all.  With this approach we can spare ourselves much grief and begin to really appreciate what incredible beings we are.  

Today, may I be willing.  

Have an awesome Monday !!
David

If you would like to contribute to this journey or to the foundation, just click Here.  If you have no idea what this is about, Click Here and Here, and click Here to email me.  Thanks for your interest and support !!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback