Sunday, December 7, 2014

Who says you can't?

Richmond Hill; GA

“Courage doesn’t always roar – sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that whispers – “I’ll try again tomorrow.”  -  Mary Anne Radmacher

“Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.”  - Samuel Johnson

     Perhaps one of the most difficult thing about following the intuitive spiritual path is learning to persevere.  Few and too far between, there are those stalwarts who will encourage and bolster us to stay the course – to follow the path we are led to follow.  They are literally a godsend – often the difference between faltering and pushing on.

     More often we contend with those voices that would dissuade us from continuing on.  Often we can write off these voices to petty jealousy or we can see that our actions are subconsciously threatening to another.  This is often one who claims to walk a spiritual path but really exerts little more than hot air when intuitive guidance calls for any sort of sacrifice.   But sometimes these are the voices of people we love and respect – people whose opinions we value or those whom we have invested much time into the relationship.

     Yes, we need all these voices in our life, but regardless of them the choice to persevere is not a decision we make and then live with.  It is rather an ongoing affair – what do I do today?  What do I do right now with what is in front of me?  Do I follow the path that is laid out for me or do I decide that, despite its gentle and consistent nature my intuitive guidance is a farce and follow the voice of others who encourage an easier, softer way? 

     When I live in this moment – this NOW – there is rarely a question of the “next right thing” that is to be done.  The question is really one of whether I will take the actions necessary to learn the lessons I am supposed to while I am here.  And for me, this choice is easy today because I really don’t want to risk having to come back and do this whole thing over again.

Today, may I stay the course.

 To email me, click Here.  If you can contribute a few dollars to help me on this journey, Click Here.  For today's article, go to WIND Center.org.  But whatever you do, have an awesome Monday !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback